Wednesday, February 3, 2010

1 Down, 11 To Go.

I made a goal to read a book a month this year, and, although I actually started this book a while ago, I'm gonna go ahead and count it for January. Check.

I'm going to give this book a rating of, "Eh". I didn't hate it, but I definitely didn't love it. It was very poetically written. Unfortunately, I've never been a huge poetry fan. I kept finding myself skimming the pages for some useful plot information. Also, it was a little too emotionally intense for me. I enjoy a book that makes me happy...or at least makes me smile...at least once during the book. This book provided none of the above.

Here's the basic plot. A doctor is forced to deliver his own set of twins. One of the twins has downs syndrome, so the doctor hands the baby to his nurse and tells her to take the baby to an institution of sorts. The doctor then tells his wife the girl twin died during birth. And as you can imagine, then comes the emotional drama.

As for February, I've started Ender's Game. I'll let you know how this one goes.

5 comments:

Aly said...

Yeah. I didn't like this one, either. What a fun goal, though. Reading is the best! And I remember LOVING Ender's Game in high school. But Nate had a funny incident with Orson Scott Card at SVU a couple of years ago and I just don't think I could read one of his books again without thinking about it. Nate has ruined it for me! Let me know how you like it as an adult.

LauriAnn said...

I also had a friend who had a bad Orson Scott Card experience at SVU. LOL. It has kept me away from Ender's Game, but lately I have been wanting to give it a try. Great idea for a goal.

Casey said...

I'm proud of you for finishing that book as I saw how painfully boring it was for you. Keep up the good work.

Benjamin and Brittany said...

I read this book and loved it. we must be very different. I never get the chance to read anymore. good luck!

Jill Manning said...

You will have to tell me what you think of Enders Game. My sister has been recommending that book for months now and I haven't been very interested in picking it up. Thanks for the heads up on the other book, I agree, I like to smile at least once during a book. I'm excited to hear what books you get into this year.