Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cookies


We had a baking-filled day of cookies in the Lewis home. Maddie loves to "help", mostly by just sitting on the stove and playing with all the spices. I loved wrapping on an apron, cranking up some 99.9 and spending the day in the kitchen with my two favorite people. We made three kinds of cookies, one kind was gingerbread people. I laid out the cookies, frosting and plastic bags for Casey and Maddie to decorate our cookie people while I started another batch. Maddie just licked the frosting while Casey was hunched over in steady concentration. Half an hour passed and I found a table filled with decorated cookies, one of which was an anatomically correct gingerbread man made especially for me. My husband giggled like a 12 year old boy. I gathered our cookies onto plates to make some walking deliveries. Later that evening Casey asked where my special cookie was. Neither of us had eaten it. I suddenly had a mini panic attack as I pictured one of our unsuspecting neighbors staring perplexed at the aroused gingerbread man. Then I thought it through and remembered that the man was left on the edge of the kitchen table, and Raheem was left unattended for quite some time, so my mind is comforted by the fact that he was probably eaten by our fat dog. (I apologize if this is not the case. I blame my husband).

4 comments:

Casey said...

It was a fantastic day spent with my girls. But I cannot be blamed for my comic genius and your possible carelessness.

LauriAnn said...

This is hilarious!

Christie said...

That's so funny! I'm hoping for your sake that Raheem did eat it. :)

jordan and tyrell said...

how funny!! but the story would have been better if you had given it away. and realized it when you received a call from an angry mother.