Monday, November 24, 2008

We're a Happy Family

Life is good and we have so much for which to be grateful. We made the decision to not rent our place and to just tough it out. We had to make a few sacrifices in life, like getting rid of our cell phones, but I'm thrilled that we're able to stay in our tiny little townhome. I have new motivation to fix it up and make it look cute. I've already tackled the bookcase and cleared off the kitchen cabinets. I'm thinking of painting our kitchen yellow and our ugly cabinets a dark brown.

My transcription is going better and I'm not making more than $3 an hour. It just took time to get a bit faster and Maddie has helped a lot by taking naps during the day now. Maybe in a few more months I can take an a little more work and be able to contribute more.

Another thing to be grateful for...Maddie has slept through the night the last two nights! The last 2-3 weeks she has been waking up at least 3 times a night, and it was really wearing on me because I stay up late doing my transcription and I also have to get up early to finish. I think it's because she just had two teeth come through on the bottom. So it was WONDERFUL to get a nice weekend of rest!

We took some family photos for Christmas cards this weekend. Casey's sister did them for us and they look great. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure.


5 comments:

LauriAnn said...

Those cheeks are out of control! I just want to squeeze them.

Desiree said...

Cute photos! She is so adorable...with all that hair! Glad you guys can stay in your home.

meghannamarie said...

Very cute Jessie! I am glad you want to fix stuff up and make it your own, it will make living there so nice!

Nicole said...

It's good to be happy:) I'm sure sleeping through the night has a lot to do with that as that can make any mom happy:) Love the pictures! Maddie's so cute:)

Coach Lee said...

awesome pics